Our complete 4 ring swept rapier features our basic rapier blade, ebonized hardwood handle and small ball profile pommel. We offer 3 finishes: “Bright”, a bright antiqued satin metal finish. “Blued”, a heat blued finish. Naturally darker, more durable and rust prohibitive than chemical bluing. Finally, “Polished”, a bright shiny deep polish that provides the best rust resistance and detail preservation. We offer two tip types: Normal Tip (NT) (+$0.00), the standard rounded tip that easily accepts a rubber blunt and Spatulated Tip (ST) (+$10.00), a swelled and rounded tip that offers tip width of no less than 5mm (for groups that don’t like the rubber tip).
The guard features 4 rings with a support bar that sweeps back to the knuckle bow on both the right and left side. This guard is ambidextrous.
Customization options for the complete 3 ring swept rapier include:
- Blade length – choose from 38″, 40″ or 42″ including ricasso.
- Guard and pommel finish – choose from bright, blued and polished.
- Tip type – choose from normal or spatulated tip.
Specifications (based on 40″ model):
- Total weight – 2 lbs. 1 oz.
- P.O.B. – 4″ from the quillions.
- Grip length – 3.5″.
- 10″ straight quillions (tip to tip).
- Pommel weight – 5.6 oz.
- Blade set to SCA Standard Rapier Flex (F2)- Medium stiffness, compliant to SCA Rapier calibration. 1.5″ – 2″ drop @ 6 oz. (170 gr.). Recommended flex for SCA, WMA and HEMA Rapier armored combat.