Our complete mortuary sword is ambidextrous and features our broadsword blade, 3D printed contoured handle modeled after grips of the period, and half acorn profile pommel. We designed this guard to be an exact replica of English mortuary basket hilts that were especially popular during the English Civil War c.1600 to 1685.
We offer 3 finishes: “Bright”, a bright antiqued satin metal finish. “Blued”, a heat blued finish. Naturally darker, more durable and rust prohibitive than chemical bluing. Finally, “Polished”, a bright shiny deep polish that provides the best rust resistance and detail preservation. We offer two tip types: Normal Tip (NT) (+$0.00), the standard rounded tip that easily accepts a rubber blunt and Spatulated Tip (ST) (+$10.00), a swelled and rounded tip that offers tip width of no less than 5mm (for groups that don’t like the rubber tip).
Customization options for the complete mortuary sword include:
- Blade length – choose from 34″, 36″ or 38″ including ricasso.
- Guard and pommel finish – choose from bright, blued and polished.
- Tip type – choose from normal or spatulated tip.
Specifications (based on 36″ model):
- Total weight – 2 lbs 10 oz.
- P.O.B. – 3.5″ from the quillions.
- Grip length – 5″.
- Pommel weight – 7 oz.
- Blade set to Crossover SCA Rapier/C&T and HEMA Flex (F3)– Medium heavy stiffness, compliant to SCA Rapier and Cut & Thrust calibration. 1″ – 1.5″ drop @ 6 oz. (170 gr). Recommended flex for SCA Rapier and Cut & Thrust dual duty, WMA and HEMA armored combat.