Our complete two port cross side sword features our basic side sword blade, ebonized hardwood handle and barrel profile pommel. We offer 3 finishes: “Bright”, a bright antiqued satin metal finish. “Blued”, a heat blued finish. Naturally darker, more durable and rust prohibitive than chemical bluing. Finally, “Polished”, a bright shiny deep polish that provides the best rust resistance and detail preservation. We offer two tip types: Normal Tip (NT) (+$0.00), the standard rounded tip that easily accepts a rubber blunt and Spatulated Tip (ST) (+$10.00), a swelled and rounded tip that offers tip width of no less than 5mm (for groups that don’t like the rubber tip).
The guard features a set of parallel rings on the knuckle side and a crossed set of rings on the finger side of the guard. Often this guard was made without a knuckle bow which facilitated the Spanish style rapier hand positions where the pommel of the sword is held close to the wrist. So we also offer this sword with a “no knuckle bow” option.
Customization options for the two port cross side sword include:
- Blade length – choose from 34″, 36″ or 38″ including ricasso.
- Guard and pommel finish – choose from bright, blued and polished.
- Tip type – choose from normal or spatulated tip.
Specifications (based on 36″ model):
- Total weight – 2 lbs. 12 oz.
- P.O.B. – 3″ from the quillions.
- Grip length – 3.5″.
- 10″ straight quillions (tip to tip).
- Pommel weight – 11.2 oz.
- Blade set to Crossover SCA Rapier/C&T and HEMA Flex (F3)– Medium heavy stiffness, compliant to SCA Rapier and Cut & Thrust calibration. 1″ – 1.5″ drop @ 6 oz. (170 gr). Recommended flex for SCA Rapier and Cut & Thrust dual duty, WMA and HEMA armored combat.