We are now offering our Mark V feder which includes a complete redesign for 2017. We believe that this will be our final design because, well, it is closest, I believe you can come to indestructible. How indestructible you say? The blade has been redesigned with a wider edge thickness and increased hardness. The schilt is a little wider than our gen 3 and is reinforced at the guard. It is also 2oz. heavier. We are now using grade 8 M8x1.25 thread as well, essentially doubling the size and quadrupling the strength of thread used in the past. The guard has been redesigned with finials at the ends of the quillons that help in the bind and are made out of the same material as the blade.
The biggest upgrade is in what we saw as the weakest part of the gen 3 design- the grip. We are proud to introduce our new T6061 billet aluminum contoured grips. The grips are turned to a specific anatomical taper with an elliptical cross section at the guard and a circular cross section at the pommel. This is the kicker- we are covering these aluminum cores with a healthy layer of Line-X brand coating; a product well known for its outstanding durability and toughness. This adds an incredible grip surface and can take direct blade impacts without as much as a dulling of shine. These grips are available in lengths of 10″ and 12″. These aluminum cores are extruded to specifically fit our tangs snugly which means that they can be added to our gen 3 feders as a heck of an upgrade.
Our scent stopper pommels are now tapped for M8x1.25 and feature a centering retaining ring that centers and trues the pommel and its contact with the grip. These feders ring like a bell and swing like a dream.
- Total weight – 3 lbs. 5oz.
- P.O.B. – 3.25″ from the quillions (12″ grip model)
- Grip length – 10″/12″.
- Heavy duty M8x1.25 thread.
- Pommel weight – 8.6 oz., 2″ length
- Blade set to C&T and HEMA Flex (F4)– High stiffness, compliant to SCA Cut & Thrust and HEMA calibration. .5″ – .75″ drop @ 6 oz. (170 gr). Recommended for SCA Cut & Thrust and HEMA armored combat only.
- 38″ blade with spatulated tip
- 3.5mm rolled edges that require little to no burr maintenance.